Sunday, May 25, 2014

An Introduction of Myself

        Greetings earthlings! So I figured before I start randomly blogging about whatever I happen to find amazing, I should tell you a little bit about myself. By those who simply read the name of my blog or even read the introduction, I am a nerd. Now the meaning of “nerd” varies about as much as a thumb print varies from person to person. Whether it is knowledge or reading books, I take pride in being interested in a wide range of things/ideas that unfortunately the majority of today’s world doesn't pay a substatial amount of attention to anymore (not meaning to stereotype or offend).
        For beginners, I am very fond of knowledge. The capacity of the human brain is truly astonishing, and I enjoy the challenge of expanding my knowledge on just about anything I can get my hands on. Currently I am a sophomore (almost junior) in high school and an honors student. I actually am a part of National Honors Society, which is practically the top 10% of the school that represents the school district through community service. I’m in Academic Team, you know that thing on TV where stereotypical nerds answer really complicated questions on teams against each other with buzzards and judges? That exists, and I’m a part of that. Next year I have the honor of being a part of Link Crew, I get to take a few incoming freshmen under my wing and help them through the year. Proud member of French Club, tu parle francais?
         I absolutely love music too. Most people can relate to this, yet I’d like to take the time and explain a bit more. Music literally saved me. It’s a way to escape for a while, a way to express yourself without saying one word. I love listening to music yet I am also in band. Originally in middle school I did not join band, yet after a loved relative passed away in my family I joined band and now I play clarinet in his honor. Next school year I have the great responsibility in being section leader, which means that during marching season I get to teach other clarinet players in our band how to march and welcome them into our lovely band family. Although I am no professional at it, once and a while I’ll sit down and play some piano as well. I’d like to expand and create my own music sometime, if anyone has any good websites to do so I will love you forever, oh wait I already do love all of you! Sorry to all of those choir kids out there, but I am no singer. I could try but I’d prefer keeping everyone safe.
        I don’t have any social anxiety disorder or anything (I’m very sorry for those who have to go through that, I have heard it is very difficult) yet I do enjoy peace and quiet. Just listening to all of the judgment, discrimination, and bullying in the hallways? I’d personally rather stay quiet than be treated like dirt. That’s another thing, I treat everyone as an equal, or I treat them like royalty because that, my nerds, is what everyone deserves. This also means regardless of what is said I will not judge you, I will accept you for who you are. I mean how could I not, after all you are listening to me ramble on about who I am. By the way I’d love to hear all of your stories as well!
        I just realized how much I have been rambling, speaking of, and how the majority of this is probably self-explanatory, wow. I guess I’ll sum this all up quickly for you. I cherish knowledge, I express myself through music and drawing. Reading and Netflix is how I escape everything. I enjoy lying in bed and listening to the rain, insert something poetic and clever here. What can I say? I am an, odd, person I guess. Weird? Random? Yep, but I’m proud.

~Think about this one: Voldemort could be a long distant cousin of Slender Man!
        -Until next time,
             Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment