Monday, May 26, 2014

Musical Monday: Owl City

        Owl City, wow, I don't even know where to start. Adam Randal Young (often called Adam Young, sometimes "Rick") the genius who started it all. And when I say Adam runs Owl City, I mean he is the singer, a songwriter, and is a multi-instrumentalist. Most of you probably know a taste of Owl City from the song "Fireflies" released in 2009, but it gets even better than that.
        Adam Young has released or unofficially released WELL over 90 songs, and I am working on downloading every single one of them piece by piece. You know that one artist that literally every song of theirs is your favorite? That's Owl City for you- that's Adam Young.

         The songs preformed by Owl City have a very deep meaning, sometimes even a sad insight, on something. In the song "Lonely Lullaby," Adam sings about a girl he once dated, Anne Marie Monson. I have a difficult time placing Owl City under a genre because there isn't quite any other band that adds up to the awesomesauce Mr. Young has. Yet according to the Internet, his music can simply be put under electronica, synthpop, indietronica, and and ambient instrumental.
         He also is a committed Christian, as seen by the much famous "I AM" shirt he wears below. Adam Young may be a 27-year-old man (and an idol I may add, personally), yet at heart he is a child as seen be is odd stories on Instagram or Twitter. Mr. Young enjoys skateboarding in his spare time and has referred to himself as being deeply shy and socially introverted. He has also mentioned he has Asperger's syndrome, or having intense interests in a particular object/idea.
         Back to the point, Owl City. It is a way to escape, a way of life, Adam Young saved my life last year and has been ever since. Look him up, you won't regret it. Have a great day my nerds!

~A proud hootowl, I don't tweet, I hoot!
         -Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment